Want to go swimming but don’t want your makeup running down your face?
For those that haven’t heard of CoolSculpting, it’s a treatment designed to break down pockets of stubborn fat that just don’t seem to budge – great for areas like the stomach or ‘saddle bags’, particularly if you are hitting the beach!
Here are his Top 5 Makeup Hacks on how to survive a day at the beach:
- SPF Protection – Always apply a separate SPF factor to one that is built into your skincare and makeup when in the sun. Even though your foundation claims SPF, it is usually a very small amount, so make sure you apply a light, oil-free SPF to your face after moisturising and before applying makeup, to combat UVB and UVA rays. Beauty Hacks likes Ella Bache Great 50+ Facesaver Active, $44.
- Prime Correctly – On hot days, it is especially important to prime correctly as your face tends to produce a lot more sweat, which can break apart your makeup. Use a mattifying primer on your t-zone and front of cheeks to smooth the area and eliminate extra sheen by using a liquid BB cream, or light weight foundation. Only use a glowing or illuminating primer on the upper cheekbone for a lifted affect in the warm weather, as this area tends to have less natural shine coming through. Beauty Hacks likes Dermalogica Hydrablur Primer, $70, which is a lightweight, non-greasy primer.
- Ditch the Full Coverage Glam – A full coverage of makeup is just unnecessary for a beach day and will only look worse as the day progresses. Instead opt for a primer and BB cream to even out the skin. They are super hydrating, lightweight and fresh. Beauty Hacks likes Bioderma Sensibio AR BB Cream, $43.99, which reduces redness and leaves a matte, velvety finish.
- Waterproof Eye Pencil – Chubby style eye pencils, that are super creamy and mostly waterproof, are great for a day at the beach. They are so easy to use on the top and lower lash lines to gain definition and because of their thickness, they are super easy to smudge for a mini smokey eye. They are perfect for going from beach to bar! Beauty Hacks likes Nudestix Magnetic Eye Colour in Night, $35.
- Hydrated Body – After a day’s soaking in the sun and salt water, our bodies can get dry easily. It is important to keep your body hydrated with a lightweight, preferably water-based moisturiser. This way if you have had sun exposure, the light weight formula won’t trap heat in. Beauty Hacks likes Jurlique Sun Specialist After Sun Replenishing Moisturising Lotion, $36, which help restore moisture to the skin and maintain a lasting, even tan after being in the sun.